On hot summer days, light, refreshing meals that are both easy to prepare and nutritious are best. Here are 3 super tasty recipes that will delight you and your little ones!
1. Avocado and basil pesto
This pesto is perfect for summer days. It is ready in under 10 minutes and can be used as a sauce or spread on a variety of dishes. You can mix the pesto with cooked spaghetti, spread it on bread, or enjoy as a dip to baked potatoes or crackers.
spoonful of honey or maple syrup
tablespoon of lime zest
* garlic clove if desired
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, and enjoy!
*You can keep the pesto in the fridge in a tightly sealed jar for a few days.
2. Banana ice cream
This ice cream is incredibly tasty and will surprise everyone, because it can be made at home without any special ice cream makers and you only need one ingredient - bananas.
Very ripe bananas (as this is when they are the softest and sweetest)
- Peel the bananas and cut them into thick rings.
- Place the sliced rings in a freezer bag or container and freeze them (at least for 2 hours, but preferably overnight).
- Place the frozen banana rings in a food processor and blend until the ice cream is smooth.
3. Couscous salad
Couscous is ideal for summer days. It can be combined with practically any vegetable you fancy. Children like the shape of the small, soft grains, which are also packed with nutrients - couscous full of selenium, which boosts the immune system and has a positive effect on the healthy functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Wash the couscous briefly under cold water, then pour boiling water over it - enough to cover it completely. Leave the couscous to stand long enough to absorb all the liquid and allow it to strain (5-10 minutes).
- While the couscous is softening, cut all the vegetables into small pieces.
- When the couscous is done, break it up a little with a fork to break it into individual grains.
- Stir in all the chopped vegetables, parsley, mint, salt, lemon juice and olive oil.
Minimellows lesena igra Spomin je v Sloveniji oblikovana in narejena igrica, s katero otrok spozna veliko zanimivih dejstev o ilustracijah na ploščicah na temo potovanj. En par ploščic je v igri prazen in namenjen temu, da otroci sami ustvarijo svoj spomin s parom.